As 2012 draws to a close, I often pause and reflect about everything I have experienced in the past year and draw out what my new year's resolution will be. If there is anything I have learned this year – besides the Mayans being wrong and how long-winded elections are – it is that women, typically celebrities, do not know how to take care of their feet!
To keep a reminder of why I need to love my toes at all times, I have compiled a list of the worst celebrity bunions of 2012. If you haven't already, pop open some bubbly, kick off your flats (because you shouldn't be wearing heels this NYE) and view some of the worst celebrity feet on the market!
• Michelle Yeoh, probably best known for her performance in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," may want hide those bunions instead. Donning a pair of silver strappy heels (of course) at a red carpet event this year, her blistered and bony bump was on full display.
• Serena Williams. Although we don't want to judge her too harshly after her stunning performance at this year's Olympic games in London, (Winning gold medals with bunions? Don't say it can't be done!) we hope that this dynamic tennis star is wearing an orthotic when she isn't dominating the courts.
• Uma Thurman. What can I say? A woman this tall should probably ditch the heels. Not only does this starlet not need them, they are wreaking havoc on her toes!
• Katie Holmes. Although I totally understand the need to "step out" after a messy public divorce with someone like Tom Cruise, perhaps a night in caring for her painful, blistered feet might do her some good in 2013.
• Paris Hilton. Years of partying in stilettos and jet-setting in Louboutins are starting to take a toll on this heiress' feet. Although we applaud her for growing up a bit in recent years, it wouldn't kill her to try out a pair of flats from time to time.
• Naomi Campbell. She's not the first runway model to have foot problems, and she certainly won't be the last as long as high heels remain the industry standard for footwear.
• Posh Spice (a.k.a. Victoria Beckham). OK, she technically had surgery to get rid of her painful bunions, but I predict that those pesky bumps are going to return soon, since this pop diva did not learn her footwear lesson in 2012.
All I have to do is look at these ladies' feet to know why I will be wearing flats for NYE – with bunions like those, it just doesn't seem worth it – does it ladies? Cheers to taking care your feet, and happy New Year!